Miss Lloyd is our Year 5 teacher. This is her second year at King Street Primary School. She has been teaching since 2010 and is looking forward to an exciting and busy year with Year 5!
Miss Lloyd loves History and Art. She can't wait to get started with our new topic and find new and exciting ways to explore the curriculum.
We were delighted to have Mrs Cummings as our Year 5 Teaching Assistant. Mrs Cummings loves to be creative in and out of school. We can't wait to have her input in Art and Design Technology.
White Rose activities:
Access to 5 activities weekly. These are the same as challenges the children access in class. Watch the online video lesson then you can view/download the worksheet and answers.
Please use SUMDOG regularly. I am setting weekly times table challenges and practise work that covers objectives from the Year 5 curriculum. Here I can see how the children are doing. Keep an eye out for next week's challenges and competitions.
• Ordering negative and positive numbers
• Reading and writing all numbers to a million
• Multiplying or dividing a number by 10, 100 and 1000
• Practise all multiplication facts!
• Round decimals to the nearest whole number (especially if they are calculating pocket money).
• Add and subtract numbers in the thousands
• Add fractions to make a whole (2/5 + ? = 1)
• Add decimals to make a whole ( 0.47 + ? = 1)
• Practise shape knowledge
• Recognise factors, multiples and prime numbers
Stay fit and healthy! Activities you could do with your child: If school is closed but your child does not need to selfisolate you may consider …. Some sort of physical activity. The Chief Medical Officers guidelines for young people is to be active for at least 60 minutes a day. Examples of moderate intensity activities include, walking, playing outside in a park, riding a scooter, cycling, ball games etc. Reduce the time spent sitting or lying down and break up long periods of not moving with some activity. Aim to spread activity throughout the day. All activities should make you breathe faster and feel warmer, above all make it fun and something the children enjoy.
Other activities you could do with your child:
Joe Wicks on Youtube is doing daily workouts for children
Comic Kids Yoga on Youtube