Reading and Homework
- Reading is monitored daily and children should have their school reading book and record in school every day so we can listen to children read 1:1.
- The expectation is that children read three times a week at home. They are welcome to fill in their own reading record but they are still required to have a parent signature.
- Reading books go home each night and are collected on a Friday for changing. Children do have the opportunity to take their books home over the weekend to read too.
- We try to avoid changing books mid-week as this ensures the children have time to read and fully understand the texts. Despite not being very long, the topics are often much more sophisticated, and children require time to discuss and fully understand the theme of their book.
- Please take the time to read with your child and focus on their understanding of the text by asking questions.
- Each child has a reading loyalty card. If they read three times a week, they receive a stamp on their loyalty card. When they fill in one row, they receive a small treat/reward.
- Homework is set on Monday on the Spelling Shed website (https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/). Tasks run until Sunday evening at 8:00pm.
- Children are familiar with this platform and use it within school. Login information was stuck into their reading records last term.
- Children who would like paper copies of homework just need to ask on a Monday, when homework is set!
We will have PE lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays in Spring term. We will be doing Netball and Swimming.
Pupils will need tracksuit bottoms/shorts, a plain t-shirt in their house colour, trainers and may bring a sweatshirt. Long hair should be tied back and earrings taken out or covered for PE. PE kits should be sent with your child on a Monday and we will send them home on a Friday.